Rotary shavers are the best shavers for coarse hair and for the closest shaving.
If you shave daily and like to have a clean face then rotary shaver is the best shaver for you although, sometimes they overkill thin beard, overall great product.
Coarse hair tends to blunt the sharp edges quickly and you might need to change the blades occasionally.
But, blades of the rotary shaver are harder to change than disposable razors and foil shavers, Although we have made a detailed guide on how to change the foil and blades of foil shaver and disposable razor blades. You can check here.
Other than that, we have made this a detailed guide on how to change rotary shaver blades step by step With pictorial representation.
- How to change the blades of the Rotary shaver properly?
- 1. Press the release button and pull to detach the shaving head
- 2. Turn the middle part counter-clockwise to unlock and remove the retainer of the blades
- 3. Remove old blades and dispose carefully
- 4. Take out a new set of blades
- 5. Match wings with notches in the shaving head holder and fit securely
- 6. Return the retainer to its old position and lock by turning clockwise
- 7. Reattach the shaver head and close
- Final thought
How to change the blades of the Rotary shaver properly?
The process of changing the blades is very simple. this process is the same for almost all the rotary shaver. in this article, we have changed the blades of the Philips Norelco shaver. But if you have any other shaver process would be same, just follow the instruction.
Press the release button on the front side and then open the shaver head. It is very easy and almost the same in every shaver. Sometimes can be found on the backside of the shaver.
After that apply little force to detach the shaver head from the shaver. Don’t pull too hard. Just a gentle push.
2. Turn the middle part counter-clockwise to unlock and remove the retainer of the blades
Don’t get confused, it might seem fancy but it’s not.
After the first step, you need to remove the retainer, then you can only separate blades.
To unlock the retainer, turn the middle part counter-clockwise. If you still can’t understand then open your rotary shaver, you would know or just look at it in the picture.
3. Remove old blades and dispose carefully
When the retainer is removed, now blades are free to make any movement.
It is time to remove the old set of blades and dispose of them carefully.
4. Take out a new set of blades
It is time to unpack the new blades, but before opening the package make sure that you have purchased the right set of blades. Otherwise, after that, you won’t be able to return them.
But, we are assuming that you have bought the right set of blades and taken them out.
5. Match wings with notches in the shaving head holder and fit securely
It is most important and needs a little bit of focus.
Carefully match wings with notches in the shaving head holder.
You can fit any blades in any of the blade holders.
But matching blade wings with shaver head holder notches is very important.
Repeat this process with all the remaining blades
6. Return the retainer to its old position and lock by turning clockwise
You have changed the blades successfully.
Now return the retainer to its old position, when all blades are under the retainer perfectly then lock it by turning clockwise.
7. Reattach the shaver head and close
This is the final step.
Everything’s done properly.
It is time to reattach the shaver head back to the shaver.
Now, your shaver is ready to shaver with new blades.
Changing the blades is the simplest part. But, you need to use them carefully. If you don’t know how to use rotary shaver properly then you can click here, but using them properly is essential for the lifespan of blades and electric shaver.
Hope you understand these step, but if you have any following question you can ask in the comment section.